Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q: Where can I buy replacement products for my Bayer Built Door (such as hinges, weather strip, etc.)?
Care & Maintenance
1. Slowly raise the blinds up, until you hear the first click.
2. Then, continue raising until you hear a second click.
2. Now, lower and raise blinds completely to make sure procedure was completed properly.
- Dust frosted glass with a feather duster at least once per week, to minimize the chance of dust accumulation.
- Rinse the glass, using plain water. You can use a water hose, but don't use any pressurized attachments, as they can damage the etching.
- Wash the glass (once a month) using a mild dishwashing liquid and water. Then dry with a lint-free terry cloth towel.
- Spray ammonia-free glass cleaner on a terry cloth towel and wipe the glass until dry, to avoid streaking.
1. The first thing to check is your door sweep. The sweep is the rubber seal on the bottom of the door slab. The sweep is intended to make contact against the riser bar of your sill (threshold). If the sweep has noticeably been compromised from daily use, a new one can be sourced from your nearest Bayer Built dealer in order to replace it.
2. If your sweep is still intact, the next thing to check is the riser bar. This is the brown bar within the sill (threshold) that makes contact with the door sweep when the door is closed. If you can see daylight between the riser bar and the door sweep when closed, the riser bar can be adjusted to close those areas. To adjust, gently pry out the round brown caps located within the riser bar and adjust the screws with a screwdriver. The riser bar can be adjusted up or down in order to eliminate drafts or reduce where the sweep may be too tight against the riser bar.
Products & Accessories
Contact any of our local dealers for information on special order.