Application Support Specialist
24614 Hwy 71
Belgrade, MN 56312
Employment Type: FULL_TIMEFull Time
The Application Support Specialist’s role is to deliver support to internal customers – such as production, customer service, and purchasing teams – regarding how to use various organization specific software programs efficiently and effectively; primarily the business’ ERP system (Ponderosa). This position’s primary focus is to maintain and support Ponderosa, including training, troubleshooting, documenting, and actively resolving help requests. The Application Support Specialist is also responsible for assisting in the design, delivery, improvement, and training of in-house software applications. This position is currently offering a $3,000 sign on bonus. This position is currently offering a $3,000 sign on bonus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide first-level technical support for internal customer inquiries, troubleshoots ERP (Ponderosa) Order Entry System and application errors.
- Provide internal customers with application and technical support assistance primarily over the phone, desk-side, and/or remote connection within assigned product area of expertise.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Function as technical subject matter expert (SME) for support of applications in organization environment and act as a technical resource in company projects.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from internal customers.
- Coordinate all activities pertaining to problem identification and resolution, while controlling customer expectations.
- Document progress, resolution and time spent on all customer activity in the appropriate tracking systems.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent repeated future problems.
- Act as point of contact for Support Center calls, and understand escalation procedures and staffing for support incidents.
- Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Prioritize, schedule, and administer all instances where enhancements and defect resolution are required.
- Record, track, and document the problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Communicate application problems and issues to development teams and Team Leader.
- Test fixes and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved
- Participate in the design, development, and delivery of software applications training programs and individual classes.
- Coordinate and post knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on company intranet to assist in problem resolution.
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned by Team Leader
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working experience supporting a variety of Microsoft Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office products.
- Demonstrated knowledge with relational database systems, networking, and Internet technologies as it pertains to an application in production.
- Working experience performing training; able to develop and interpret technical documentation for training and end user procedures.
- Good understanding of principles, theories, practices, and techniques for managing activities involved in planning, managing, and resolving customer problems.
- Ability to prioritize workload, work under pressure, handle interruptions but maintain flexibility with attention to detail.
- Passion towards analysis and creative improvement of technology and processes.
- Flexibility to work beyond the typical work day as required; evenings, weekends, etc.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly.
- Ability to conduct research into software development and delivery concepts, as well as technical application issues.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Credentials and Experience:
- Two years of college or completion of supplemental workshops/courses beyond high school in a technology related discipline and/or equivalent work experience.
- Certifications in Microsoft Office.
Date Posted: 02/25/2021