During the cold winter months we tend to spend most of our time indoors, looking at the same drab walls, same timeworn furniture, and same cluttered mess day after day. With the start of the new year right around the corner it is the perfect time to think about how you can freshen up and upgrade your home to make it more inviting and exciting.
There are plenty of easy and quick ways to spruce up your home and each will add value to your home in its own way. Over the next couple of months, we would like to help you tackle some of these projects. From organizing your closet with SCHULTE storage systems or upgrading your interior doors slabs (both great projects for cold winter days) we’ll tackle some of the major considerations for a home improvement project. We will talk about planning, preparation, installation, and care/maintenance to help make sure that your project is a success.
To hold you over, here are some easy steps you can take on your own to freshen up your home today:
1. Declutter your living room and kitchen (especially countertops) which will make rooms appear bigger
2. Repaint dingy, soiled walls – a fresh coat of paint will make a room feel more clean and tidy
3. Replace door handles, cabinet knobs, curtains, and linens for an instant remodel with minimal cost
4. Shampoo your carpets to remove stains and soils plus add a fresh, clean smell to your home
5. Rearrange your furniture for an instant makeover
6. Open your drapes, curtains, and shades to let in natural sunlight which is more warm and inviting than light blubs
7. Add some natural décor – potted plants and trees are great for a little lively decor through the winter
Stop by next week as we begin to look at how to add value to your closets with SCHULTE storage systems.