Systems Administrator II
Systems Administrator II
As a Systems Administrator II, you will plan and build Bayer Built’s systems infrastructure. Implement, modify and design information system. Responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure running on VMWare and Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems. Participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure and ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values and standards.
- Manage and monitor performance of all installed systems and infrastructure.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- Work with other Systems Administrators, and other IS department team members to resolve or implement new hardware for computers, printers and other service systems for the company.
- Responsible for training and supervising new team members that would work under them.
- Support and maintain: Windows 2008, 2008R2, 2012, and 2012R2 Servers, Exchange 2010 Server, Active Directory, Group Policy, Backup and Retention, Microsoft SQL Server, VMWare, DNS, DHCP, Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Office 2010 Suite, Telephone PBX and voicemail system support.
- Expand automation for our VMWare environment as well as SRM functions and DR capabilities.
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Develop, implement, and maintain (including testing and documentation): Business system databases, including Microsoft Access, MySQL, and Microsoft SQL Server; Web-based applications.
- Accountable for maintaining server and security configurations in compliance with established best practices and established baseline configurations.
- Establish system by planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of PC and server hardware, software, LAN, WAN, and VLAN networks, and operating and system management systems; defining system and operational policies and procedures.
- Maintain network switches and firewall; including VLAN and routing.
- Maintain system performance with system monitoring, analysis, and performance tuning.
- Maintain and troubleshoot business services, including phone and internet service.
- Secure system by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures; completing back-ups; maintaining documentation.
- Confer with vendors and other partners in implementing, developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new software and/or hardware.
- Work with third party providers in troubleshooting services, software, and hardware.
- Meet financial requirements by submitting information for budgets; monitoring expenses.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Manager.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Windows 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, and 2012 R2 Servers
- Exchange 2010 Server
- Active Directory
- Group Policy
- Backup and Retention
- Microsoft SQL Server
- VMWare ESXi, VSphere
- DNS, DHCP, and Network Routing
- Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Office 2010 Suite
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python)
- Patch Management
- Telephone PBX and voicemail systems
- Strong analytical and project management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter expert
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, handle interruptions but maintain flexibility with attention to detail
- Flexibility to work beyond the typical work day as required; evenings, weekends, etc.
- Highly self-motivated and directed
Formal Education & Certification
- Minimum of two years of college or completion of supplemental workshops/courses beyond high school in a technology related discipline and/or equivalent work experience
- Certifications in MCSA, MSCE, and/or MCITP desired