Data Analyst Position
Date Posted: 01/24/2019
24614 Us Hwy 71
Belgrade, MN 56312
Employment Type: FULL_TIMEFull Time
The Data Integration Analyst role is to provide critical analysis to turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions. This role will develop analysis and reporting capabilities and monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements. The Data Analyst will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate, verify, communicate, and resolve systems/software application issues and needs in order to maximize the benefit of IT investments and initiatives.
Credentials and Experience:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or software engineering, and/or 5 years equivalent work experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development, implementation, and support of new and existing QlikView and QlikSense applications.
- Analysis of business requirements, data source discovery, design, development, testing, and implementation of analytical reporting solutions.
- Work with management to identify specific data requirements and develop useful business reports based upon that data
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from internal customers.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams.
- Coordinate with department heads to assess departmental application training needs and objectives.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent repeated future problems.
- Prioritize, schedule, and administer all instances where enhancements and defect resolution are required.
- Communicate application problems and issues to development teams and Team Leader.
- Test fixes and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned by Team Leader
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong analytical and project management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Microsoft SQL Server programming proficiency, including: writing complex multi-table SQL queries, creating and modifying databases, tables, indexes, views, and stored procedures. Basic understanding of ODBC and other data source connections. Experience with other database systems, such as Oracle, MySQL, Sybase SQL-Anywhere, ProvideX, or Microsoft Access.
- Experience with BI analytical data-visualization or reporting tools, such as Qlikview, Qliksense, Tableau, Power BI, Microsoft SSRS, or Crystal Reports
- Familiarity working with software development and implementation in a Microsoft Windows enterprise environment.
- Strong understanding of principles, theories, practices, and techniques for managing activities involved in planning, managing, and resolving customer problems.
- Systematic, disciplined, and analytical approach.
- Solid problem-solving and issue resolution skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, handle interruptions but maintain flexibility with attention to detail.
- Passion towards analysis and creative improvement of technology and processes.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to conduct research into software development and delivery concepts, as well as technical application issues.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Ability to work independently, as well as within a team-oriented collaborative environment.